Make the Dough
1.Place the dough and the salt in your food processor and blend a couple times.
2. Add chunks of cold butter and maple syrup and pulse to combine.
3. Slowly drizzle the ice water, one tbsp at a time, with the food processor running, until dough comes together and forms a ball (you may need more or less water).
4. Remove the dough ball and wrap loosely in plastic wrap. Press slightly to form a thick disk. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
Assemble & Bake
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Remove the dough disk from the fridge, unwrap, and place on a floured baking tray. Flour your rolling pin and roll out the dough to make a large circle to about 1/8 inch thick.
3. Add your filling (I'll update this recipe soon with lots of sweet and savory ideas). In the picture here I just used up leftover roast beef with cheese and fresh chives for a quick and easy lunch. Place your filling in the centre of the dough, leaving about 2 inches on the edge. Fold the edges up.
4. Brush the dough with your beaten egg.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and crispy.
6. Let cool slightly before slicing.
Savory Filling Ideas visit: 15 Savory Galette Recipes
Sweet Filling Ideas visit: 100+ Sweet Galette Recipes